Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I was in college, I worked at Pappasito's as a waitress. I LOVED their brochette shrimp and I asked the cook for the recipe. He didn't give me the exact measurements, but he did give me the list of ingredients. I went home and played around with the quantities of the ingredeints and came up with what I think is very close to the real thing!
- Clean and devein shrimp, leaving the last section and tails intact.
- With a paring knife, carefully slice each shrimp from tail to tip.
- Wash and seed jalapeno, and cut into a pieces about 1/2-inch X 1/2-inch squares.
- Cut slice of cheese into 12 small pieces.
- Stuff one small piece of cheese and one small piece of jalapeno into each shrimp.
- Wrap a half slice of bacon around each shrimp.
- Place shrimp on a wet skewer.
- Repeat this process until all shrimp have been placed on skewers.
- Place in refrigerator for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Mix the paparika, cayenne pepper and black pepper together.
- In a small skillet, heat butter and white wine until butter is completely melted.
- Prepare grill.
- ~note~I use my indoor grill, but these can be made on an outdoor grill too, but I would use a low flame!
- Remove shrimp from fridge and brush completely with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Grill on each side until shrimp are done.
these are great - the best we've had - they are a bit time-consuming to prepare, but well worth it. Bigger shrimp are key so you have the room for the cheese and pepper. Sam's Club - U15 shrimp - 2lb bag $22 - gives you about 30 nice size shrimp and they are excellent
"awesome.. really not spicy at all. Do use the 15 per pound shrimp as it is difficult to wrap smaller shrimp. Also, after stuffing the shrimp with the pepper and cheese, lay the bacon flat on cutting board and place the shrimp about one inch from the end of slice. roll the end over then pick the whole thing up and then continue to wrap covering as much of the large end of the shrimp otherwise when grilling, thje pepper and cheese tend to fall out...
Finally got a chance to make this. Really good!