1/1 Photo of Pappasito's Brochette Shrimp - Copycat Recipe
Kim D.'s Note:
When I was in college, I worked at Pappasito's as a waitress. I LOVED their brochette shrimp and I asked the cook for the recipe. He didn't give me the exact measurements, but he did give me the list of ingredients. I went home and played around with the quantities of the ingredeints and came up with what I think is very close to the real thing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and devein shrimp, leaving the last section and tails intact.
- 2With a paring knife, carefully slice each shrimp from tail to tip.
- 3Wash and seed jalapeno, and cut into a pieces about 1/2-inch X 1/2-inch squares.
- 4Cut slice of cheese into 12 small pieces.
- 5Stuff one small piece of cheese and one small piece of jalapeno into each shrimp.
- 6Wrap a half slice of bacon around each shrimp.
- 7Place shrimp on a wet skewer.
- 8Repeat this process until all shrimp have been placed on skewers.
- 9Place in refrigerator for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- 10Mix the paparika, cayenne pepper and black pepper together.
- 11In a small skillet, heat butter and white wine until butter is completely melted.
- 12Prepare grill.
- 13~note~I use my indoor grill, but these can be made on an outdoor grill too, but I would use a low flame!
- 14Remove shrimp from fridge and brush completely with melted butter.
- 15Sprinkle with seasonings.
- 16Grill on each side until shrimp are done.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pappasito's Brochette Shrimp - Copycat Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.1
- Calories from Fat 561
- Total Fat 62.3 g
- Saturated Fat 35.6 g
- Cholesterol 196.1 mg
- Sodium 888.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.5 g