Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good snack for a Diabetic. The recipe comes from Diabetic Cooking magazine.
Make and share this Papa's Pecan Tassies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unfold Piecrust.
- Using a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter cut into 12 circles.
- Press dough scrapes together and cut 8 more circles for a total of 20.
- Pat pastry circles into MINIATURE MUFFIN CUPS.
- Press to form tarts.
- In a medium saucepan,combine SPLENDA, cornstarch, egg,and water.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Evenly spoon about 1-tablespoon mixture into each tart.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes.
- Place muffin pans on a wire rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Remove tassies from pans and continue cooling on wire rack.
I wasn't sure what to expect when I made these, I'm just starting to cook with Splenda. I found out that they are really good! They are almost too sweet for me though and I may use less Splenda next time. Other than that, I liked them a lot and will make them again.
Wonderful. I am going to sub some of the water next time with sugar free maple syrup to get a little bit more pecan pie taste. Other than that I wouldn't change a thing.
These are delicious! I made them for gifts this Christmas--proud to have something tasty for the diabetics on the list. Thanks!