My family and I love this frittata. I make this quite often for Sunday brunch with my Quick and Easy Churros. I hope you enjoy it as well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, roughly diced
- 6 ounces frozen tater tots, thawed
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup other mexican cheese, grated
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1⁄8 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons scallions, finely sliced
- 3 sprigs cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Thoroughly mash the tater-tots in a zip-loc bag.
- Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and chorizo and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mashed tater-tots, garlic and red pepper and cook until potatoes are heated through.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Gently mix the chorizo/potato mixture with the eggs as they begin to set.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook the frittata until the eggs are almost completely set through.
- Use a spatula to ensure the egg mixture is not sticking to the skillet before placing the pan in the broiler. Broil on medium for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Invert the frittata onto a platter or large plate and spread the shredded cheese over the top.
- Lightly cover the frittata with aluminum foil and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- Remove foil and garnish with sliced avocado, salsa, sliced scallions and the sprigs of cilantro then serve.