Cheesy Chorizo Frittata
- Ready In:
- 10 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, removed from casing
- 1⁄2 lb small Red Bliss potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Whisk together the eggs, creme fraiche, parsley, half of the smoked Gouda, and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a 12-inch nonstick oven-proof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage until starting to brown and almost cooked through. Add the potatoes and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour the egg mixture over the top, stirring to distribute the vegetables. Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack and then the remaining smoked Gouda. Bake until the center is set, 12 to 14 minutes. Run a spatula around the edges of the frittata and carefully slide onto a serving platter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!