24 hrs 10 mins
Public Foodie #1's Note:
Dairy-free nut-free milk I created out of things in my pantry. Really great in smoothies or granola. If you have a slow juicer, that is the ideal machine for making seed/grain milks (like an omega masticating or hurom). If not this can be made in a blender, but it yields a bit less.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all grains and seeds. Mixture should yield about one cup.
- 2Cover with water and seal. Store overnight in the refrigerator or at least 4 hours on the countertop.
- 3Drain the soaked grains and seeds of original water. Place them in a large bowl and add 3 cups fresh water.
- 4Using a ladle, scoop some of the mixture with some of the water into the juicer. Repeat until finished.
- 5If you prefer, you can run the milk through again for a thinner mixture.
- 6If using a blender, blend drained mixture with 3 cups fresh water until smooth. Use a strainer over a large bowl to strain out the remaining grains and seeds.
- 7Stir in agave and vanilla.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pantry Milk
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.5
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: