Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Dairy-free nut-free milk I created out of things in my pantry. Really great in smoothies or granola. If you have a slow juicer, that is the ideal machine for making seed/grain milks (like an omega masticating or hurom). If not this can be made in a blender, but it yields a bit less.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup whole oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar or 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine all grains and seeds. Mixture should yield about one cup.
- Cover with water and seal. Store overnight in the refrigerator or at least 4 hours on the countertop.
- Drain the soaked grains and seeds of original water. Place them in a large bowl and add 3 cups fresh water.
- Using a ladle, scoop some of the mixture with some of the water into the juicer. Repeat until finished.
- If you prefer, you can run the milk through again for a thinner mixture.
- If using a blender, blend drained mixture with 3 cups fresh water until smooth. Use a strainer over a large bowl to strain out the remaining grains and seeds.
- Stir in agave and vanilla.