Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was hungry for a portable Italian snack. I don't eat cheese, so please forgive me. You can put cheese in it if you want. Please use some decent olives for the love of man. If you want to be a real pansy you can bake the pansy-rotti instead of frying it.
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 italian frying green peppers
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 4 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- Separate dough into 2 portions and roll each out into a circle.
- In the center of each place half of ingredients.
- Fold up sides and seal together at top.
- Poke some holes in the dough with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Fry in oil and enjoy!
yummy... so panzarotti is to calzone as chimichanga is to burrito. I loved it. The only thing I would do differently is add my favorite ingredients that I normally put on pizza. I would definitely omit the tempeh - that stuff has to be highly spiced to get rid of that mushroomy taste for me.