Ms. DMAC's Note:
I have been playing around with recipes for chicken wings at home and I came up with this. Panko crumbs (found in the Asian aisle or sometimes with the bread crumbs) are very crunchy. Baking the wings is better than frying if you are trying to cut down on fat. These turn out so crunchy, then you can 'spin' or coat them with your favorite sauce. Absorbs into the panko, but still keeps the crispy texture. Reminds me a little of Hooter's breading. Also, try to find Amish wings, they are tastier and usually larger than typical wings. Enjoy!
My Private Note
wing di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 425.
- 2Pour the flour into a shallow bowl or dish and season with salt.
- 3Beat the eggs until foamy in a medium sized bowl.
- 4Pour the Panko Breading into a shallow bowl or dish. You may need to add more as you go on, use best judgement.
- 5Take the wings, rinse and dry well with paper towel.
- 6One by one, Dredge in the flour, then dip in the egg. Shake off excess.
- 7Place each wing into the Panko crumbs, pressing the crumbs onto the chicken on all sides, coat well. Gently shake off excess.
- 8Place breaded wings on a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 9When done, flip over and put the broiler on Low for 2 minutes each side. You may want to drizzle a little butter before broiling. Keep a close eye, the breading does not need to be brown like typical bread crumbs, it will be crispy even if it looks white still.
- 10While the wings are still hot, put a few good shakes of your chosen sauce into a bowl and coat the wings one by one with the sauce. Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Wings are great with no sauce as well.
- 11First time trying I used Spicy Szechuan Peanut Sauce Spicy Szechuan Peanut Sauce and loved it as well as some generic Honey BBQ sauce and also some Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce and all were great!
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko Crusted Oven Baked Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 833.5
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 324.6 mg
- Sodium 770.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 47.2 g