Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
After a tough strength-training session or long run, protein is necessary to help your body recover. Before your hunger overwhelms you that protein-packed meal needs to come together quickly. This fresh and delicious fish dinner takes less than 20 minutes from prep to plating, but the best part is one serving offers more than 36 grams of protein. Learn how to cook this perfect post-workout recipe
For the fish
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 small tilapia fillets (this recipe calls for halibut, but tilapia, halibut or cod fish fillet, are equally delicious using ) or 2 small halibut (this recipe calls for halibut, but tilapia, halibut or cod fish fillet, are equally delicious using ) or 2 small cod fish fillets (this recipe calls for halibut, but tilapia, halibut or cod fish fillet, are equally delicious using )
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped fresh parsley
For the kale salad
- 2 cups chopped curly kale
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375?F. Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small dish, whisk melted Earth Balance, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt well. In a separate dish, make an even layer of panko breadcrumbs.
- Take one fish filet, and dip it in Earth Balance mixture. Flip the filet and dip again so both sides are covered.
- Press the skinless side of the filet into panko crumbs, then place the fish skin side down on prepared baking dish. Repeat with other filet, then sprinkle both with fresh parsley.
- Place baking dish into the oven and cook for 13 to 15 minutes.
- While that's cooking, start the salad. Lightly drizzle chopped.
- kale with extra-virgin olive oil, and massage kale with your hands. Keep massaging for one minute, and allow kale to sit for about three minutes.
- To make the dressing, mix Dijon, lemon juice, and 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Add the dressing to kale and toss evenly.
- To serve, prepare a small bed of half the kale salad and place fish right on top. Enjoy immediately.
This was great and tastes even better when you think about how healthy it is! My kids loved the fish, just wouldn't eat the kale with it...