Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plus 2 Tbsp)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 packet fast-rising active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons water (see yeast package for temperature)
- 3 tablespoons sugar, Granulated, divided
- 2 eggs
- 8 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brandy extract
- 3 ounces mixed dried fruit, coarsely chopped
- Sift together flour and salt onto sheet of wax paper; set aside. .
- In small bowl sprinkle yeast over water; add 1 teaspoon sugar and stir to dissolve. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, using electric mixer at medium speed, beat eggs with remaining sugar until frothy; add margarine and beat until well combined.
- Continue to beat while adding orange peel and brandy extract.
- Add yeast mixture, then gradually beat in sifted flour; beat at high speed for 5 minutes. Add dried fruit, beating until thoroughly combined.
- Cover bowl with clean damp towel or plastic wrap and let stand in warm draft-free area until dough is doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray 3-cup fluted mold with nonstick cooking spray. Punch dough down, then turn into prepared mold; bake in middle of center oven rack for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 F and bake until top is browned and cake begins to pull away from mold, about 30 minutes longer (cover with foil if Panettone is browning too quickly). Unmold onto wire rack and let cool.