1/2 Photos of Pancetta, Tomato and Leek Tart
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A lovely alternative to quiche
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 ounces sliced pancetta, cut into small strips (can sub with bacon)
- 1 large leek, chopped (white and light green part only)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded (can sub with swiss)
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Blindbake pie crust in 9" pan, preferably one with a removable bottom, at 400 degrees for twenty minutes or until set and light golden in color. *special tip- line crust with nonstick foil and fill crust with dried beans before baking.not necessary but makes it prettier!*.
- 2Transfer to wire rack to cool (remove foil and beans if you used them).
- 3Reduce oven to 375.
- 4Cook pancetta in large skillet until crisp, remove with slotted spoon to paper towels.
- 5Discard all but 11/2 tbs drippings.
- 6Add leek and sautee until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 7Stir in thyme and remove from heat.
- 8Add pancetta to leeks and combine.
- 9Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over bottom of pie shell.
- 10Spread pancetta/leek mixture over cheese and top with tomato slices.
- 11In a medium bowl, combine combine eggs, cream, half-and-half, salt and pepper.
- 12Slowly pour egg mixture over tart filling, letting it seep into it.
- 13Top with remaining cheese.
- 14Bake 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean and top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pancetta, Tomato and Leek Tart
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.5
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 284.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: