Recipe by lynda409
I found this in Yahoo Answers when I was looking for a pancake recipe that did not consist of baking powder.
Top Review by oliviatmanning
I promised my kids pancakes this Saturday morning only to discover I had no trace of baking powder in my home. After a quick internet search, I decided to give this recipe a whirl. It did the job, however I had to make a few adjustments. 1.) 2 cups of milk is just too much for the amount of dry ingredients in this recipe, I would recommend cutting down to 1.5 cups. 2.) I added a bit more sugar to get the taste of the batter "right," just a half teaspoon more. Other than that, this is a solid classic pancake recipe for when you're in a pinch (or without a pinch of baking powder).
- 2 cups all purpose wheat flour or 2 cups other flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups almond milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coconut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour, soda, salt, and sugar.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs until light, add milk, vanilla extract, then gradually add to flour mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add melted butter.
- Heat and grease griddle.
- Pour enough batter for 5" diameter cake.
- Cook until brown underneath then, turn and brown other side.