Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a variation of a recipe that came from The Tightwad Gazette.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- Mix the sugar, molasses, and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves (a good rolling boil).
- Turn off burner, but leave pot on burner until bubbling stops.
- Add the butter flavoring, vanilla extract and the maple extract.
Wonderful! I'll never buy syrup again! I didn't have any butter flavoring or maple flavoring so I used twice as much vanilla. SO GOOD! Next time I'll make as directed and see what that's like.
This recipe was good in a pinch . . . A little too much molasses aftertaste for us. Thanks for sharing!
This is my favorite pancake syrup recipe....even better than store bought!