Recipe by hannahs dad
A simple yet incredible way to prepare sea scallops. You won't be disappointed!
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
I knew that these would be a hit with DH, so I doubled the recipe. Unfortunately, I overcrowded the pan in doing so (too impatient to cook in 2 batches), so they didn't get as much sear as I would've liked, so I didn't bother taking a photo. Totally my fault, and the flavor was still great even if the appearance wasn't as nice as I'd hoped. I served these with Recipe#389471 and Recipe#398262, and DH and I had a lovely seafood night. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall '12
- 8-10 large sea scallops
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter
- 118.29 ml pan searing flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Start with fresh sea scallops, as large as you can buy. If you buy them frozen, defrost before preparing the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Rinse scallops with cold water, pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour pan searing flour into quart size plastic bag; coat scallops one by one with flour shaking off excess.
- Add scallops to pan; when scallops appear brown paper bag color 1/4 up flip with tongs.
- Add butter and spoon butter over scallops as "crusting" occurs.
- Transfer scallops and butter oil mixture to oven safe dish and place in oven for 7- 10 minutes and enjoy!