Pan Seared Diver's Sea Scallops With Fresh Blackberry Coulis
photo by Potagekempcc
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry wine (Merlot)
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 allspice berries
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon serrano pepper (Minced)
- 1 dash fine sea salt
- 1 pint fresh blackberries (Rinsed in Cold Water)
- 1 lb fresh sea scallop (Diver's, U-10)
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (Cold)
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine
- In a saucepan combine Blackberry wine, bay leaves, allspice berries, whole cloves, Serrano pepper, blackberries and dash sea salt.
- Bring wine to a full boil and reduce by half.
- Place Blackberry Coulis in a bowl. Discard bay leaves, allspice and cloves. Puree Coulis and strain using a fine-mesh sieve. Hold Blackberry Coulis warm for service.
- Rinse scallops under cold water and pat dry. In a bowl combine Old Bay Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, fine sea salt, white pepper and whisk in olive oil. Toss scallops until coated.
- In a sauté pan melt butter, add scallops and sear 1-2 minutes per side. Do not over crowd the pan. Add Chardonnay wine and reduce by half.
- Cover warm plates with Blackberry Coulis, place 3-scallops per plate.
- Garnish plates with Fresh Mint Sprigs and Serrano Pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!