Recipe by MISSIB
This is another possibly for ZWT3. It is not my recipe and I don't know who gave it to me but I made this quite awhile ago and will keep this on hand. It's is delish and was easy for me to make. I used the "I can't believe it's not butter" Mediterrean style margarine for (2nd ingred) listed and I used bacon instead of pancetta and served it with a tossed green salad.
Top Review by Rita G.
This was delish. However ingredient #2 should read Olive Grove Rub, (not olive oil margarine) which was very hard to find. I had to order it on the internet and wound up paying more for shipping than for the item. However, it was great tasting and I will make it again. It also took longer in the oven, 20-30 minutes.
- 4 whole chicken breasts, skin on
- 4 tablespoons olive oil margarine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 1⁄2 ounces diced pancetta or 3 1⁄2 ounces bacon
- 8 1⁄2 ounces small vine-ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- fresh ground salt
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss the chicken breasts in 1/4 cup olive oil to coat well.
- Loosen the skin carefully from the breast, and stuff 1 tablespoon of Olive Grove rub under each breast.
- Roll the white meat over any excess rub.
- Place an oven-proof frying pan over high heat and add remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil and the diced pancetta or bacon.
- Fry until crisp and browned, then put to one side on kitchen towel to drain the oil.
- Return the pan to a high heat and add the butter. When the butter begins to brown, add the breasts skin-side down.
- When nicely golden, turn and brown the other side. This will take approximately one minute per side.
- Remove from heat.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and add back the pancetta or bacon.
- Arrange the tomatoes around the chicken breasts. Sprinkle sugar over the tomatoes and toss gently to coat in pan juices. Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.