Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Fitness Magazine (July 2005), credited to Chef Debra Ponzek.
Make and share this Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts With Mushrooms and Leeks for Two recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add mushrooms and leeks; stir and cook for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with half the thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cut a small pocket in the top edge of the side of each chicken breast, but don't cut all the way through the breast.
- Fill pocket with 2-3 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture.
- Season chicken with the remaining thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and roast for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with the remaining mushroom-leek mixture.
Simply said... Excellent!!!! I had a little trouble with the pockets. I solved this by rolling the filling in the breast and securing with un-waxed floss to secure. The taste was worth the effort!
Excellent! This was delicious! I see that a poster had difficulty making the pockets. I learned a trick in my Cook's Illustrated Cookbook: put chicken in the freezer for about 15 - 20 minutes. This will make it firm enough to slice horizontally (I do this when I am slicing entire breast horizontally for pan-searing with sauces.). Thank you for the recipe!
Who would think that so few ingredients would result in such a wonderful flavor! I made this with regular onion as my leeks are frozen and I wanted that "fresh" taste. Also had to use fresh crimini's, no shiitakes left in the fridge. I cut pockes but think I will flatten and roll next time as I wanted more of the mushroom mixture with each bite. Thanks for a great recipe.