1 hr 10 mins
Chef Grizzly's Note:
The sauce is a creamy, slightly spicy complement to the light sole and the earthy wild rice. Be careful trying to scale up as you'll want to serve the sole fresh from the pan, so don't cook more than you can fit in one pan. Cooking time is based on the assumption that the rice will take about an hour. Otherwise, about 10 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 fillets of sole (about 2/3 pound)
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon tiny capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1The sole is the fastest to cook, and the part you want to make certain is hot, so prepare them last. While the rice is sitting after cooking is what I've done.
- 3Puree the parsley, garlic, capers, vinegar, mustard and onion in a blender or food processor.
- 4Once this reaches a smooth consistency, slowly pour in the oil while continuing to blend.
- 5This can be stored tightly covered in the refrigerator for several days. Let it come back to room temperature before serving.
- 6Cook the wild rice according to the directions to make about 1 & 1/2 cooked cups.
- 8Heat the olive oil in a frying pan large enough to hold the fillets side-by-side on high heat.
- 9Rinse the sole in water, pat mostly dry.
- 10Lightly flour each side.
- 11Quickly fry the sole, 1-2 minutes per side.
- 12Put half the rice on each plate, along with a sole fillet and drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pan-Fried Sole With Caper-Parsley Sauce and Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.7
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 324.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 39.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar