Easy Pan Fried Sole Fish With Lemon-Butter Sauce
This is a pretty basic recipe but it is just delicious! You can use lemon pepper in place of black pepper.
- Ready In:
- 8 sole fillets
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use white salt, or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix the flour with seasoned salt and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dredge the fish fillets in the flour mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Add in about 3 tablespoons butter to the hot skillet.
- Saute the fillets in 2 batches, cooking on each side (on high heat about 2 minutes per side) or until just cooked through; transfer the fish to a plate to keep warm.
- Add in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and cook until golden in colour; add in lemon juice, bring to a boil and add in the parsley.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Pour the warm sauce over the fish.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious! I added some olive oil to the butter to fry the fillets. It helps prevent the butter from burning and turning black. Also, I turned off the burner when I flipped the fish. Again, this prevents burning. When you cook at high heat with butter, you need to be careful as it burns really quickly. BTW, for those who are not so experienced, high heat does not necessarily mean "max". It depends of the stove and the kind of pan you use i.e. a cast iron pan can sustain much higher heat than a t-fal. When you notice it starts smoking, remove the pan from the heat and continue cooking your fish. Don't be afraid to add butter/oil. or to turn your fish earlier than 2 minutes. The best advice I can give to anyone starting to cook is do not rely 100% on a recipe. Use your nose and your eyes. Tasting most foods as they cook is also a must so you can adjust seasonings. Also a good dose of common sense is helpful. Experiment and have fun in the kitchen! This recipe goes very well with a nice Chardonnay!4Reply
see 34 more