Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a Pampered Chef brochure.
- 12 slices bacon, divided
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine pasta
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- halved grape tomatoes, a small handful
- Slice the bacon cross wise into strips. Cook in a large skillet with high sides for 8-9 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Drain skillet, leaving 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Place broth and diced tomatoes in a large bowl. Microwave, covered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until hot. Return skillet to heat and add onion and red pepper flakes. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and cook for 10-20 seconds. Add broth mixture, pasta, salt and half of the cooked bacon. Simmer covered for 9-10 minutes or until pasta is almost cooked by still firm. Stir occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat and add cubed cream cheese, grape tomatoes and parsley, reserving 1 tbsp of parsley for garnish. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened. Serve with remaining bacon, grated Parmesan cheese and reserved parsley.
Very easily prepared, comfort food, filling, and goes a long way, excellent for feeding a hungry family quickly! I didn't have any grape tomatoes for garnish, although they would have been nice. Good dash of parmesan and an enthusiastic grind of black pepper finished this off nicely. Thank you, gailanng, enjoyed this, made for I Recommend recipe tag game.
This is delicious - and making it all in one pot is so easy and helpful. I subbed in rice linguine noodles to make it gluten free, and it worked perfectly. I halved the recipe, which made 4 servings for us when served with a salad. Leftovers reheated well the next day. Thanks for sharing!
Lovely pasta dish. I used some of my own Roma tomatoes in place of the grape. Since I had to tend to my 8 month old grandson, I left the pasta to cook on low heat and it turned out perfect. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)