Very easy and tasty soup recipe.
Make and share this Pampered Chef Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 29 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 thick lime slices
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut tortillas into 1/2 inch strips. Place on baking sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, chop onion. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook chicken in pot sprayed with vegetable oil, add onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Cook and stir. Stir in broth, tomatoes and chilis. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Snip cilantro. Divide tortilla strips among 4 bowls. Ladle soup over tortillas. Grate cheese over top. Sprinkle with cilantro. Garnish each bowl with lime slice to squeeze juice into soup if desired.