Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is kinda tasty. We like it warm but can be served chilled. Hubby gives it 4 stars and he doesn't like cranberries. I'm sure you can add the sugar while cooking but this is how I like to do it. I'm guessing on servings.
- Wash cranberries.
- Put cranberries in medium saucepan.
- Add juice from mandarin oranges (about 1/2 cup).
- Cut each mandarin orange section 6 times.
- Put the mandarin oranges in with the cranberries.
- Heat to boiling, stirring often.
- After it boils, stir constantly.
- When cranberries are"gone" or"dissolved" remove from heat.
- It will be kinda"thick".
- Put in serving dish, cover and refridgerate.
- When ready to serve, I add 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and warm in the microwave, stir very well before serving.
Very good. I used mandarin oranges, but I think I will use navel oranges next time. I think the mandarins were slightly overcome by the cranberries. And for our tastes, a little more sugar is needed. But, overall, the recipe can stand as it is. Thnx for posting, Packer Baker Pammy. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.