Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a indian snack food, great on its own or with a meal.
Make and share this Pakora recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup fine semolina
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 1 small potato (diced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin coriander powder
- warm water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Combine semolina and oil and mix until the semolina is coated with oil.
- Sift the gram flour in and stir. Add the salt, tumeric, chili, garam masala and cumin-coriander powder.
- Add the warm water slowly to make a thick batter. It should be runny enough to pour though.
- Add the diced peas, carrots and potatoes. They should be finely diced to ensure they cook when fried.
- Heat a small wok with oil on medium, to deep fry. To test if the oil is done drop a small amount of batter into the oil, it should rise slowly to the surface, if it rises rapidly turn the heat down and allow the oil to cool. If it sinks, increase the temperature.
- Add the baking soda and stir. Then add the lemon juice. You will see small bubbles appearing.
- Using a couple of dessert spoons, drop the batter mix into the oil.
- When the rise, turn them over and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with some chutney.