Prep 25 mins
Cook 26 mins
Wonderful slant on spanish paella. ingredients in metric. Found the recipe in an old cookbook.
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 1⁄4 ounces peas
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1 fluid ounce chicken stock
- 1 -2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fluid ounce olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 ounces rice
- 1 saffron thread
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 ounces seafood
- For chicken thighs use chicken breasts.
- for peas use frozen peas, try to use ready made seafood from the supermarket or make your own by buying squid, prawns, mussels and clams.
- Heat the oil into a large pan (wok),add the chicken, onion and garlic, fry until golden.
- Add rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the stock and crushed saffron, cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the seafood mix and continue cooking until all the liquid is absorded.
- Stir in peas and season.
- Turn off the heat, cover and leave to settle for 10 minutes.
- Cut lemon into wedges.
- Serve paella garnished with lemon wedges and warm brown bread.