Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
PAELLA LOS PORCHES (Saffron Rice With Vegetables)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium-size sweet red peppers or 1 green pepper, seeded, deribbed and cut into strips
- 8 pieces asparagus
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron, ground
- 8 medium-size mushrooms, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 2 artichokes, cut in quarters
- 6 cups boiling water
- 3 cups medium grain rice or 3 cups long grain rice, raw
- In a 14-inch paella pan or a skillet or casserole at least 14-inches in diameter and 2 to 2 1/2-inches deep, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add all the vegetables and, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Add rice, salt, pepper and water (saffron added to the boiling water before adding to casserole). Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Set the pan on the floor of the oven and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed by the rice and vegetables.
- At no point should the paella be stirred after it goes in the oven.
- When the paella is done, let it rest for 5 to 8 minutes.