This was posted in response to a request re: coconuts. It is not especially "Heart Smart" so I would categorize it as a special dish for an occasional treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To Make the Sauce: In a small saucepan mix coconut cream, onion, salt, chilli, lemon juice, and the cornstarch (mixed to a paste with a little of the cold coconut cream).
- 2Bring the mixture to a boiling point, stirring all the time.
- 3Do not allow sauce to boil hard as it will become lumpy.
- 4Simmer for 3 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- 5Dip pieces of fish in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 6Brown lightly in hot oil.
- 7Place the fish in a casserole dish and pour the sauce over the top.
- 8Garnish with slices of tomato.
- 9Bake at 300F degrees for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pacific Island Fish in Coconut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 438.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white fish fillets