Recipe by coxva
Yum-Yummy! Grown-up version of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Excellent as a brunch item or even dessert.
- 4 slices sourdough bread (or any dense textured bread)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup grape jam or 1⁄4 cup jelly
- butter, for saute
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crust from bread.
- Mix cream cheese and 2 T peanut butter and spread on two slices of the bread and top with remaining bread.
- Whisk eggs and remaining peanut butter together.
- Soak each sandwich in egg mixture.
- Saute each sandwich in melted butter on each side until golden brown.
- Cut sandwiches diagonally and stack attractively.
- Heat grape jam until syrupy and pour over sandwiches.