Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I have taken this to more than a few family reunions and potlucks. It is always well-received and making it the night before causes less stress for the cook.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups loosely packed shredded lettuce
- 2 cups loosely packed shredded spinach
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 cup frozen English peas, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diagonally sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, add the chicken and syrup; toss to coat; set aside.
- In a 4 1/2 quart salad bowl or trifle bowl, layer half the lettuce and spinach.
- Layer with radishes, peas, bell pepper, chicken, celery, and green onions.
- Top with remaining lettuce and spinach.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, worcestershire, and pepper until smooth.
- Spread mayo mixture evenly over the top of salad, sealing to the edge of the bowl.
- Cover salad and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Toss just before ready to serve and sprinkle with peanuts and salt/pepper if desired.