Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great make ahead and bake in the morning coffee cake. Have had this recipe for years, but have no idea where it came from.
- 177.44 ml soft butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- Cream butter and add sugar gradually.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9 pan.
- Combine brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or til wooden pick comes out clean.
This is a good basic coffee cake recipe. It is always good to have one on hand. Like getting it done the day before it is needed too. Thanks Marie
Very good coffee cake. I loved that I could put it together the night b4 then bake it in the morning. I cooked a brunch this morning for my Dad's employees and I served this along with some other nice breakfast dishes. Thanx for such a great recipe, I'll be making this again!
I love the ease of this recipe and the fact that you can make it ahead. My topping did not come out crumbly like in the other pictures posted but tasted wonderful. I'm going to try it again and see if I get a crumbly topping.