Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Just a basic recipe so serve some fruit along side this. This goes into the refrigerator overnight to be baked the next morning.
- Cream sugar and shortening; blend in egg.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Mix strudel ingredients.
- Fold in half of strudel mixture and spread in 8x8x2-inch pan.
- Cover and store in refrigerator until next morning.
- Next morning, smooth top with back of spoon and sprinkle other half of strudel mixture over top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in 375 degree oven.