Recipe by Charlotte J
Just a basic recipe so serve some fruit along side this. This goes into the refrigerator overnight to be baked the next morning.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 liter egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and shortening; blend in egg.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Mix strudel ingredients.
- Fold in half of strudel mixture and spread in 8x8x2-inch pan.
- Cover and store in refrigerator until next morning.
- Next morning, smooth top with back of spoon and sprinkle other half of strudel mixture over top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in 375 degree oven.