Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (21 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 20 slices white bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- Grease a 9x13 inches baking pan.
- In sm. bowl, stir together first 3 ingredients.
- Spread sugar mixture into bottom of pan.
- Spread pie filling evenly over sugar.
- Layer bread slices on top of filling, pressing down as you go.
- In med. bowl, beat egg with milk and vanilla.
- Slowly pour over bread, making sure it is completely absorbed.
- Cover pan with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place covered pan in oven and bake for 60-75 minutes.
- When done remove from oven and turn on broiler.
- Remove foil and drizzle syrup on top of egg mixture; broil 2 min, or until syrup begins to caramelize.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 min, then cut into squares.
- Invert pan onto serving tray so apple filling is on top.
- Serve hot.
Love this recipe!!! Great for those hectic mornings.
Amazing! I actually used cinnamon swirl bread instead of white bread, and it turned out great. Thanks!
Delicious! Only change was to add a little lemon juice to the filling ingredients. Love a little sharpness to cut down just a little on the sweetness. Had no problem cutting recipe in half, and still had plenty to freeze for another brunch. Thnx for sharing your recipe Dudemickgal. Made for PAC Fall 2009.