Overnight Oven French Toast
photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
- Butter a casserole dish (large rectangular one).
- Fill dish with bread slices so dish is covered with bread.
- Mix eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over bread slices.
- Refrigerate overnight (must hold overnight).
- Make topping: Mix butter, brown sugar& corn syrup.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread evenly over bread slices.
- Bake uncovered until puffed and golden about 40 minutes at 350.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is an easy to make recipe that has a beautiful presentation. No syrup is needed, as it is very rich on it's own. I found it to be quite tasty, however my children didn't care for it. The texture is more of a custard/bread pudding than that of a typical french toast. While the kids may be a bit put off by the consistency of this dish, I'm sure many adults will enjoy it. Thank you for sharing!