Caramelized French Toast
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a frying pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Beat together eggs, milk and salt.
- Dip bread one at a time into egg mixture and fry until light brown and egg is cooked.
- After 4 slices of bread have been cooked, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook remaining bread slices until light brown on both sides and egg is cooked.
- After all bread slices have been cooked and removed from pan, add brown sugar to pan. Stir until melted and sticky.
- Add water and stir.
- Place French toast in caramel sauce. Turn to coat, then remove from pan. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is so yummy. I did kick it up a bit and used it as a dessert. A scoop of vanilla caramel ice cream melted over the hot gooey French Toast and it really was a show-stopper dessert. It reminded me a bit of bread pudding but much quicker. I will use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
see 6 more reviews