"Burgers with Caramelized Onions" and Gorgonzola has been written up as the best in the Bay Area by The San Francisco Chronicle. Recipe by Jesse Cool of Jesse's CoolEatz." The goodness starts with the quality of the meat, Montana Legend natural Angus Beef, but the fact that it oozes and drips with juicy caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, avocado & a combination of Gorgonzola cheese sends this over the top. "This is the time to indulge in luscious burgers." I tweaked it a bit as I was unable to get Montana Legend Angus beef so I bought brisket (first cut) to make the burgers. Also added sauteed mushrooms and made a horseradish-type mayonnaise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb thickly sliced mushroom
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of (2 squeezes)
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1CARAMELIZED ONIONS:.
- 2In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- 3Saute the onions, salt & pepper , stirring occasionally until they are very soft and brown. (15-20 minutes).
- 4SAUTEED MUSHROOMS:.
- 5In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- 6Saute the mushrooms, minced garlic, fresh thyme leaves, brandy, salt & pepper, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 7Add 2 squeezes of lemon juice when they are finished.
- 8Mash the avocado, to make it spreadable.
- 10Over a grill or in skillet, cook the burgers to your liking.
- 11Put one ounce of gorgonzola on top of each burger and let it melt slightly.
- 12On the bottom side of the bun, spread the avocado.
- 13Season with salt and pepper.
- 14Place the burger and gorgonzola on top.
- 15Mound lots of onions & mushrooms on top.
- 16Put the upper half of the bun on top.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Over the Top Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1176.4
- Calories from Fat 807
- Total Fat 89.6 g
- Saturated Fat 32.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.8 mg
- Sodium 552.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 49.6 g