Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in a copy of Health magazine and thought it sounded very good. Have not tried it as yet, but wanted to add it to my Cookbook.
- 3 cups small red potatoes, halved and quartered
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes (1-inch)
- 1 cup diagonally cut carrot (1-inch)
- 1 cup white pearl onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2⁄3 cup sauvignon blanc wine or 2⁄3 cup other dry white wine
- 1 slice sourdough bread (1-ounce)
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 t.
- salt and 1/4 t.
- pepper and toss well to coat.
- Place potato mixture in a jelly-roll pan.
- Pour wine into pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes.
- Place bread in food processor and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form.
- Add hazelnuts and garlic and process until garlic is minced.
- Stir in 1/2 t.
- salt and l/4 t.
- pepper and parsley.
- Combine bread crumb mixture and roasted vegetables.
Excellent side dish. I made it just as described except I used pecans instead of hazelnuts, Very nice.