Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is one of the most simple, tasty main dishes. The pork chops are flavorful with a crispy, buttery breaded outside layer.
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
These were simple and tasted good. My husband really liked them, I thought they were a tad bland, but it might have been that we used some pretty thick chops. Made for Aussie/NZ swap #16!
- 2 pork chops, bone-in
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a wide, shallow bowl combine bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic powder and pepper.
- In another wide, shallow bowl whisk together egg and milk.
- Place butter in baking pan and warm in oven until melted. Remove pan from oven and gently tip side-to-side to coat bottom of pan.
- Dredge each pork chop in egg mixture and then bread crumb mixture.
- Place each chop in baking pan (one layer). Spray the top of each lightly and evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn chops over and bake for another 20 minutes or until juices run clear.