Recipe by duonyte
The original recipe was from cooks.com. Posted in response to a request in the forums. I rewrote the recipe to clarify the instructions. I would omit the salt as the soup and hominy should provide enough.
Top Review by weekend cooker
With the use of hominy, I decided to make this for breakfast. Scaled this down to 2 servings, for the DS, and I. made this as posted, though I left out the green peppers. It was a very easy recipe to prepare, as it made for a nice mid-morning meal. made and reviewed for Rookie Tag.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 pork chops
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons minced green peppers
- 1 (29 ounce) can hominy, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in large, oven-safe skillet and heat until melted. Add the chops and brown them quickly. Remove to a platter.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the skillet and saute until they start to brown.
- Blend together remaining ingredients in skillet with the drippings and veggies.
- Return the chops and any accumulated juices to the skillet, placing on top of the veggies mix.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove cover and bake 15 minutes longer.