1/1 Photo of Oven Poached Salmon a La Paige (Rachael Ray)
I saw Rachael Ray prepare this on TV on the Food network for her 30 minute meals. It seemed so easy so here it is! She served it with rice cooked in chicken broth. Can be eaten hot or cold. By the way, I think she said that Paige is a friend (or the daughter of a friend) who loves this recipe. Since it's so easy to make, Paige can even make it with her Mom. You could change this recipe by using white wine for the broth and by varying the fresh herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter, cold
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth, can use water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar, can use white wine vinegar
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 2 radishes, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Rub the bottom of a shallow baking dish with cold butter.
- 3Arrange salmon in dish.
- 4Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- 5Add broth and a few sprigs of dill to the pan.
- 6Roast the fish 12 to 15 minutes.
- 7Combine sugar, salt and vinegar in the bottom of a medium bowl.
- 8Add chopped onions, chopped cucumber and radishes.
- 9Sprinkle in 3 tablespoons chopped dill and toss the mixture to coat in vinegar, sugar and salt.
- 10Remove fish from the oven.
- 11Spoon pan juices over fish and carefully transfer to individual plates or platter.
- 12Top fish with relish and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Poached Salmon a La Paige (Rachael Ray)
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 1098.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 36.3 g