Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 3 oz. Per serving: 234 calories, 11.5 g fat, 30.5 g protein, 0 g carb, 0 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol. A home oven version of the classic slow-roasted pig served at luaus.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Rub pork with liquid smoke.
- Wrap pork tighly in foil and place on a jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 5 hours.
- Cool slightly; remove pork from bone and discard bone.
- Shred meat with 2 forks, tossing well; combine shredded pork and salt (to taste) in a large bowl.
- It is typical to stir any reserved meat juice into the shredded pork; in order to do this and skim the fat, place a heavy-duty plastic bag into a measuring cup; pour meat juices into the bag; let stand 10 minutes or until fat rises to the top; snip a small portion of one bottom corner of the bag and pour the juices over the shredded meat, stopping before you reach the fat layer.