Recipe by Ailsa of New Zealand
I like this chicken because you don't have to fry it. It's cooked in the oven.
Top Review by I'mPat
Sorry but this did not work for us at all but that was partly my fault. The breasts I used were 270g each (about 9 ounces) so allowed 50 minutes to cook them and they were perfect at that point but the coating was not at all crispy so gave a light spray with oil and put them under the grill/boiler were they crisped up but ended up extremely dry and tough. Would try again and give a spray of oil at the beginning or maybe give them a light fry first and then transfer to the oven to finish cooking. Thank you and sorry I botched it upAilsa of New Zealand, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup.
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (4 -6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375F/180C/Gas mark 4.
- In shallow bowl, whisk together honey and vinegar.
- Pour bread crumbs into separated bowl. Set bowl aside.
- Spread oil over foil-lined baking pan large enough to hold all chicken pieces in one layer.
- Roll chicken pieces in honey mixture, then in the bread crumbs.
- Place in baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked throughly.