This is a healthier way to make fried eggplant. I think it tastes as good as the old deep-fried way. Use these to make Italian Eggplant or any other recipes that calls for it. Makes great Eggplant Grinders or just to pick up and eat with your fingers with a little salt.
- Spray a baking sheet generously with cooking spray,.
- Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, and garlic salt together.
- Peel eggplant and slice about 1/4" thick.
- Dip in beaten egg whites and then in the crumb mixture.
- Put on baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes or till done.