Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this recipe not too long ago, and I just love it. Every time I've made it, I've used a different seasoning mix -- which is why I've called it "Your Way". I recommend serving it with roasted potatoes (get them in the oven before you even start breading the chicken) -- toss raw potato chunks with olive oil, kosher salt and the same spice blend you use with the chicken (roast for about 45 minutes). Yum!
- This recipe is called Your Way because you can use any spice blend you want for seasoning; McCormicks Greek Seasoning is excellent, as is Emeril's Essence; make your own up if you want.
- In a flat dish like a pie plate, combine buttermilk and spice blend.
- Or, if making this up early in the day, combine in a large ziploc bag instead, so chicken can marinate for a few hours in the fridge.
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt and parmesan in another flat dish; set aside if you want chicken to marinate in fridge for a few hours.
- Cut chicken breasts into large chunks.
- If you are making this up early in the day, place chicken pieces into the ziploc bag along with the buttermilk mixture and close bag tightly; make sure all pieces of chicken are coated with buttermilk mixture; let sit in fridge until ready to coat.
- If you don't have time for this, just dip chicken chunks into buttermilk mixture, making sure pieces are thoroughly coated.
- Preheat oven to 400F; have ready a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
- After chicken is coated with buttermilk mixture, dredge in breadcrumb mixture thoroughly, then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.