Recipe by Pinay0618
From Southern Food at about.com.
Top Review by Doc's Mom
We really enjoyed this chicken recipe. I followed the recipe as stated, loved the ingredients%u2026 grainy mustard and maple syrup%u2026 who would have thunk! I used bone-in skin on chicken thighs, they were a little large and so I had to cook a little longer. Reheated the next day and it was still wonderful!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard or 3 tablespoons a spicy mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°. Line a large baking pan with foil and lightly grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash chicken thighs and trim excess fat and skin. Remove skin, if desired. Pat dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine the melted butter with mustard, honey or syrup, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the panko crumbs with shredded Parmesan, paprika, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and parsley.
- Brush or rub the chicken thighs with the butter and mustard mixture then press all sides in the panko mixture to coat thoroughly. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.