Recipe by Legna
I found this recipe in "The Everything Cookbook". This has to be one of my DH & I's favorite recipe for chicken. We have also used it for fish, substituting breadcrumbs for cereal crumbs.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
I used rice crispies for my coating and I used chicken tenderloins which I cooked for only 30 minutes as the chicken is smaller in size. The chicken was moist and yummy! Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 78.07 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml water
- 236.59 ml finely crushed crisp rice cereal or 236.59 ml corn flakes
- 44.37 ml melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flour, salt, pepper in a shallow dish/zipped baggie.
- Beat egg lightly with water, place in seperate shallow dish.
- Place crushed cereal crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Rinse chicken.
- Dip chicken in flour mix, coat evenly. Shake off excess flour.
- Dip chicken in egg mix, coat evenly.
- Roll chicken in cereal crumbs.
- Place chicken on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-fat cooking spray.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Do not turn while baking.