1/4 Photos of Oven-Fried Buttermilk Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
Serve with coleslaw, hot biscuits and honey, if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREP: Heat oven to 425F.
- 2CLEAN: Wash hands.
- 3Place buttermilk in shallow dish.
- 4On waxed paper or plate, mix flour, poultry seasoning, paprika and salt.
- 5Dip chicken in buttermilk to coat completely.
- 6Dredge in flour mixture to cover completely.
- 7Place on clean sheet of waxed paper.
- 8In foil-lined 15 x l0-inch baking pan, melt margarine in oven 3 to 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- 9Place chicken skin side down in pan.
- 10CLEAN: Wash hands.
- 11Notes: CHILL: Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
- 12Chicken may also be deep-fried.
- 13COOK: Bake chicken at 425F for 30 minutes.
- 14Carefully turn chicken over.
- 15Bake 30 minutes more or until internal juices of chicken run clear.
- 16(Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part ot chicken).
- 17(Temperature should read 170°F for white meat, 180°F for dark meat).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Fried Buttermilk Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 130.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: