Recipe by JaneSays30
WF - Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free This crunchy, gluten-free fish recipe is a tasty, homemade alternative for frozen fish sticks. Corn flakes, naturally sweetened with fruit juice, help brown the fish with less fat, and a tinge of ginger adds a hint of exotic flavor. If you wish, prepare ahead by freezing individually cooked and cooled pieces on a sheet pan until solid. Then transfer to a freezer storage container to keep on hand for a quick, heat and serve dinner. Nutrition Info Per Serving (6.5 oz/182-wt.): 280 calories (90 from fat), 10g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g dietary fiber, 36g protein, 9g carbohydrate (less than 1g dietary fiber, 1g sugar), 100mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium
Top Review by Amber E.
This is so simple and tastes great. My husband absolutely loved it and was suprised when I told him how easy it was. I used orange roughy. When I tried to flip it over the crust came off so I didn't flip it and it turned out fine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes (fruit-juice sweetened)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 white fish fillets (6 ounces each)
- olive oil or canola oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Put cornflakes in a blender and pulverize until completely crushed. Combine corn flake crumbs, salt, paprika and ginger in a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Press fish into corn flake mixture, turning to cover all sides completely. Arrange fish pieces on a parchment-lined or oil-sprayed baking sheet, at least 2" apart. Spray lightly with oil.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes until top begins to brown, then turn and bake an additional 5–7 minutes, or until fish is done.