Loosely based on the "chicken-liquid-covered pan" paradigm popularized by canned foods manufacturers. Serve with breadstuffs and relax your table manners to allow slurping and sopping. Works well with pre-seasoned black beans but these can be too salty. Use more salsa if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a deep-sided casserole pan. Drain liquid from beans.
- 2Mix beans, spices, chicken chunks, cheese, and one-half cup of salsa in the pan.
- 3Spread one cup of salsa over the top.
- 4Cover and bake for about 35 minutes or so.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (770 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 158.7 mg
- Sodium 1725.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 90.9 g