1/2 Photos of Oven-Baked Mushroom Stuffing
For a little extra flavor add in a couple tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese to the mixture, or sprinkle on before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 slices bacon, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon rubbed sage (can use 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- seasoned salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix (approx. 9-10 cups, more or less) or 1 (16 ounce) package fresh bread, cubed very small, mixed with coarse bread crumbs (approx. 9-10 cups, more or less)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves (from the top of celery stalks)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- 3In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towel; reserve 2 tbsp of drippings.
- 4Add in the celery and onion in drippings and cook until tender (adding in the chopped garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking time).
- 5Add mushrooms, sage, seasoned salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat, stir in stuffing, or prepared bread crumbs, celery leaves, parsley and bacon; mix well.
- 7Combine eggs and broth; add to stuffing mixture and mix well.
- 8Spread into prepared baking dish, (dish will be full).
- 9Dot with melted butter.
- 10Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- 11Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer, or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Baked Mushroom Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.7 mg
- Sodium 1099.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 13.5 g