Recipe by Noo
A really tasty and quick midweek supper solution that is sure to please the busiest of families. All cooked in one pot and on the table in 30 minutes!
Top Review by tombomp
Tastes nice, would probably have put a bit more spice in it just to make it more exciting but it tastes great anyway. Only thing is the rice came out a bit sticky/starchy, I dunno if that was just me not using enough water or not cooking it long enough. Would definitely make it again with some more spice and maybe added vegetables.
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 12 ounces long-grain rice
- 3 ounces sultanas
- 850 ml chicken stock
- handful coriander leaves, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 200/180/Gas 6.
- Toast the pine nuts in an ovenproof and flameproof casserole dish, then remove and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the ovenproof casserole dish and soften the onion with the turmeric for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken thighs, then cook for 3-4 minutes until browned all over.
- Tip in the rice, sultanas and 700ml of the stock, then bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, checking halfway and adding more stock if it looks a little dry.
- Cook until the chicken is done and the rice tender. Season to taste, then stir in the toasted pine nuts and serve sprinkled with coriander leaves.