Recipe by Kerena
From the March/April 2013 Taste of the South magazine
Top Review by rosie316
I made these last night to serve with my home-made Rouladin (I normally serve mashed potatoes, but decided to try this). I'm so glad I did! It went along perfectly with the dinner. The only thing I did differently was I had to put the sheet pan on the grill (our gas stove/oven isn't working). I started them on high, then lowered to medium and gave it all a good tossing. (I believe they cooked for about 25-30 minutes). I did chop the bacon (into lardons) at the half way point when I tossed everything, and mixed the pieces in with the potatoes. (I'm thinking this way of making potatoes and bacon pieces would be great to use in a warm potato salad! I think I may try that someday). This recipe would make a great side for almost any meal that you would serve potatoes with. Thank you for posting this recipe. (Made for New Kids tag game)
- 2 large baking potatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, thick sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray, toss potatoes with salt and pepper. Arrange bacon around edges of baking sheet.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and bacon is thoroughly cooked, about 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes of cooking time, flip bacon using tongs and stir potatoes.