Green Beans, Bacon and Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb green beans (about 2 Cups)
- 4 small new potatoes, Scrubbed, Cut in 8 pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 5 slices bacon, cut in 1-inch Pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion (Chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium saucepan, place water, beans, potatoes and 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
- Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
- Add beans and potatoes and toss until well coated with bacon and onion.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and serve.
Join The Conversation